Thursday, January 7, 2010

Wow, tons of new diapers heading my way!

If you have read this blog for any length of time, or if you know me, you know how much I love my Natural Baby Company Wonder Wraps diaper covers.  You also know that I hate the current color choices (solids).  Ugh.  They remind me of the seventies.  I miss the pretty colors they had when I first bought mine, Berry (kind of a pinkish red), peony (pink), plum blossom (a really pretty purple shade), sage (celery green), an aqua color, a pretty blue color, white, grass (green) and chocolate.  I have at least one of all these colors (except grass), but I use my wraps every single day, and they have been working hard for a year.  A few of the most used ones are starting to see a little wear, mainly some pilling near the waist where the velcro catches when I fail to secure it to the laundry tabs (let this be a lesson to you!).  Still totally usable, but I figured it's a good enough excuse to buy more, right?  Except the colors STINK.  So I searched my brains out online to find ANYONE who might still have a small stash of the old colors, and I found two sites: Jack's Magic Beanstalk, which had the blue one I bought as well as a plum blossom.  I also found Baby's Bottom Line, which had 2 berry, 2 sage, and 1 plum blossom.  I got one of each.  They are a great value, the wraps, and I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend them to moms who are looking to cloth diaper and save a ton of money doing it.  However, it was still about $40.  No problem.  Until today.

Today I found out that Kelly's Closet teamed up with Smartipants one size sleeve-style diapers (which are one of my new absolute favorites) and they have a color no one else has.  Cocoa Bean.  Oh yes, they have a beautiful brown, and don't you know I've been really wanting some brown pocket diapers for my daughter?  Of course I do!  So I put in an order.  With Smartipants, if you order 2 of them, they're roughly $15 apiece.  If you order 3, you get a package deal for $40.  Hey, what do you know, I was thinking I needed another Think Pink Smartipants, since I have only one.  It's a very pale pink, that can almost pass for a pale peachy-pink, just right for some of Karina's outfits.  Soooooo, I got three.  Plus, I have been using the Polar Bummis fleece covers on her at night, to let her breathe a little more and cut down on her rashes (she has really sensitive skin and eczema), but we only have two.  I got another one, and that allowed me to qualify for free shipping, which for a limited time is on orders of $49 or more at Kelly's Closet.  So now, $100 later, I have 3 new Wonder Wraps, a new Polar Bummi, and 3 new Smartipants diapers heading for me.  Woo-hoo, at least til my husband gets the credit card bill! 

0 comments: