The other day, Karina was asking me to do something, I forgot what. She asked me to do it, and said, "If you would be so kind".
How funny is that girl?
Wish I could say Elena has calmed down with the hysterics, but not yet. In fact, she's starting earlier in the evenings now so I can enjoy it, too! Before, it was mostly Bill who got to listen to her. I just keep remembering all the advice I've gotten, and I know this too shall pass. I did take her to Target with me today while Karina was at preschool, and that went well, except for the pouring down rain when we were leaving.
One big bummer is that my fabulous, awesome, Britax carseat I won ages ago for her is so big and heavy (safe, too) I am having a hard time maneuvering it in and out of the car and carrying it. I am seriously thinking of switching back to my Graco from when Karina was a baby (it's not too old). It's lighter and smaller, and it would mean easier for me to use, carry, and move, plus I could put her behind my seat in the car where I wanted her anyway, and put Karina behind the passenger seat, where I wanted her. Right now, they are opposite because Elena's carseat won't fit behind my seat. I just have a Corolla. No minivan for me (but I have been eyeing some of the crossovers, not that we're getting a new car; we aren't). Ramble ramble, anyway, I'm debating. Part of me wants to go back to the Graco for the reasons I mentioned, but the other part is thinking, as sure as I do that, I'll be in an accident and something terrible will happen to Elena because she won't be in the safer carseat and I'll never forgive myself. So I probably won't switch. Plus, Bill doesn't want to switch them because it means reinstalling the carseats again, and he doesn't want to do that!
I haven't done Elena's announcements or even printed any photos for anyone yet. I feel so behind! I expected it, but still, it's annoying not to have things done when I'd like them to be done. At least I can pick things up off the floor again now! I'm getting better quite nicely and feeling really good. In fact, I feel mostly normal, other than still having a little tummy (but it's gradually getting smaller). I even bought a pair of pants today on sale at Target in my old size and while they're tight, they aren't uncomfortable and most importantly they went onto my body! :-) (I won't tell you that they were stretchy)
Overall things are getting closer to normal around here. Still some rough patches, but I know in time those will all work out too. I just wish I knew what was making Elena cry so much; from what I've read she's too young to have colic, but she sure acts like that's what it is. My uncle had it. Nana tells me all the time how he'd cry from 5-7pm every night for two months. Elena kind of does that, but not always at the same time. So I don't know. I'll just be glad when she outgrows whatever it is.
Now, look, can you believe this little cutie could drive anyone crazy with her hysterics at night? :-)
By the way, Britax didn't pay me or sponsor me or give me anything to say the stuff I said about their carseats and how, in my opinion, they're really safe, and neither did Graco. I just said stuff that's my own opinion. I like both my carseats, just for different reasons.

2 comments:
I had car seats back when they couldn't even come out of the car. My kids went from carseat to a separate carrier or stroller or else I carried them. But I remember those carriers were so unwieldy and heavy!
You really shrunk down fast. Wow!
I love the little pink ladybug on her outfit! :)
Post a Comment