Friday, February 24, 2012

Improving

I am happy to report that Elena seems to be improving with the reflux.  The Zantac and Nutramigen seem to be helping.  We've even had some smiles!  I am so happy, and so relieved.  My 36th birthday was on Thursday, and that was the first day she smiled.  She is still crying quite a bit, but it's not all the time, and not all of it is the frantic, horrible, make you want to scream along with her and pull out all your hair kind of crying.  It's normal crying.  Or she'll just kind of whine-cry.  She also makes this very sad, pathetic frowny face sometimes.  When she smiles she is so cute!  It's so great to see that aspect of her finally.  I could totally hug Dr. B if it wasn't completely inappropriate.  :-)

We're going to continue hoping for more improvement and on Monday I'll be calling the pediatrician's office to just leave an update and let him know how she's progressing; if she doesn't improve more, he might want to add or adjust something, I don't know.  I would like to see even less reflux going on (she still has it of course, and it is still painful and makes her cry, it's just better right now), and therefore less crying. 

The one bad thing I've seen is that after she eats, and I put her in the carrier, she always goes to sleep.  This is bad because we want her awake during the day.  So we have to fix that little issue, but really, to have that baby happier and not always crying is so wonderful! 

What a relief! 

Hopefully soon I'll be able to upload and edit some photos for you but right now it's really hectic around here still and when I'm home I'm usually being pulled in about 4 directions, despite having only two children, ha ha! 

Have a good weekend!

1 comments:

Liz Mays said...

So glad to hear that there's been some progress! Whew!