But I didn't! See, I'm still here. Just overwhelmed lately. We are desperately trying to get Elena to sleep more at night (she still wakes up between 3 and 4 times, and she's going on 7 months old!). Plus I just participated in a flash consignment sale that is actually in progress right now. I pick up my stuff tomorrow, whatever is left over (I hope not much!). So it's been hectic around here.
Yesterday we went to Bill's softball team's picnic and Karina had a blast playing on the playground.
The day before that I was able to shop the consignment sale early, so I took both girls and went off with them to that. We first ate lunch with my dad and brother and I had to coordinate with a friend to bring something to Stephanie on my way. We didn't get home til almost seven pm, Sesame Street time. Makes for a very hectic night, especially when we hadn't had dinner yet!
The day before that I actually can't remember what we did. I know it was something.
The day before that (Monday if you're having trouble keeping track) we went to my grandmother's house for dinner while my mom was on her second mini-vacation and my aunt was in town. In the morning, we followed my mom over to the beach and saw my brother's new house.
Most of these days, the excursions were combinations of things, like Wednesday; lunch then shopping. Or Monday, visit, then second visit.
It's been crazy around here. On top of it all, my dad is working on Karina and Elena's playhouse out back and he'll call in the morning to see if we're around, and then come over. So I don't really always know when he's coming. He did tell me that he'd come either today or tomorrow, and since he didn't come today I'm assuming he'll be here tomorrow at some point. Of course, I also have to go pick up consignment stuff.
You see what I mean? So it's not that I'm intentionally neglecting you, my sweet and faithful blog following readers, it's just I have no time for myself in any capacity right now. I'm lucky to shower daily!
Hang in there with me. It's bound to improve some day!
4 comments:
Well, I knew it was just that you had to be super busy, but it's nice to know exactly HOW you've been busy! I hope your little Elena sleeps better soon!
Thanks! We're getting there. She took two 2-hour naps yesterday and today, plus a catnap late in the evening. Plus now I can sometimes even put her in the crib at bedtime before she's asleep and she doesn't cry. That in itself is practically a miracle! So we're getting there, just slowly.
Good luck with Elena! Hope she gets better with sleeping.
Let me know how did at that sale. I have a ton of stuff but I'm worried that I won't sell anything and it'll be a waste of time.
I hope Elena starts sleeping through the night. I know it must be really tough on you!
Post a Comment