Elena was weighed yesterday at the GI doctor's office (Gastro-intestinal doctor) and she is 19.5 pounds!!! That girl is something!
She has two teeth on the bottom and I think she's getting more somewhere because she is still chomping like crazy on anything she can get her hands on.
She has started "investigating" objects. What I mean is when babies will pick something up, turn it over and over and just look at it and touch it and really seem to be scientifically observing it. I love this stage; I think it's so cute. She was investigating my phone and I scared the daylights out of her when she started to put it in her mouth! I grabbed it and exclaimed, "no!". Poor kid.
Karina is getting consistently fantastic reports from preschool, though I expect nothing less from her at this point. I am sure there will be some negatives someday, but the way she is right now, I'm just soaking it up! Yes, please, tell me again how awesome my child is. Oh yes. She is. (I figure I should get my fill now because Elena....I just don't know. She might be just as good or she might be um, ornery.) (Every time I use that word, I think of my grandfather "Pop" and the first time I saw that word spelled out and I didn't realize it was the same word he used all the time to refer to my brother and me. "Ornery kids" he'd say, but lovingly. He wrote it in one of my grade school yearbooks. I digress.)
Karina is really having fun with my old My Little Ponies. She insisted on getting them all out of my closet, and I gave in, finally, because I figure they should be getting played with rather than stuck on a shelf, although my first ones I did not give her to play with. They are just too special. She still adores her Cars and likes Barbie dolls and Disney Princess dolls of the same size, and she also really likes paper dolls still.
Karina wants to be Rapunzel for Halloween, but I have no idea what to do with Elena. I have the outfit Karina wore, but frankly, I'm not sure Elena will fit in it, and the way she whines when getting dressed, I don't think she'll go for it anyway. I think she is just going to have to be something simple.
A friend of mine recently gave birth to a son, expecting him to need multiple surgeries immediately for some kidney issues he had that they had detected in utero. However, he is doing GREAT and has not needed any surgeries so far! Yeehaw!
I know I promised pictures but I haven't watermarked any yet. I'm sorry, I just don't have the time right now. I will get to them sometime though.
Hope everyone is well!
1 comments:
You're going to be so happy when you think back on how she played with your beloved ponies! That's so cute that she loves them like mom did. :) Holy cow to the weight gain for your littlest!
Post a Comment