I love the holidays and the whole Christmas season, but now that I have not only my mom's birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas for two girls, Karina's birthday the 26th and now Elena's January 15th, I'm uh, a little overwhelmed! Trying to manage two girls, preschool parties and pageant, birthday party, Christmas shopping, craft shows that are fun to go to, and the rest of normal life is pretty hectic.
I can't even remember the last time I wrote a post about anything. Anything!
Here's what we've been up to. My cousin had her baby and he is sweet and tiny. We met him on Thanksgiving when he was 3 weeks old. He still did not weigh as much as Karina did when she was first born. (She was 8lbs 8oz and he was, at 3 weeks, just under 8lbs). My cousin also looks amazing, like she never even had a baby. Meanwhile, I have yet to figure how to chuck the extra few pounds my beautiful lovely girls have left me with. :-) But it's okay, really. I don't mind. He was a sweet, if not sleepy, baby.
My uncle had some surgeries to remove a mass from his bladder, which turned out to be cancer, but he is doing just fine and doesn't even have to have any kind of radiation or chemo or anything. They just went in, whacked that crap outta there, and sent him home. He has to go back periodically to be checked, but it was, I guess you can say, a mild case. Thank goodness.
My dad has been out of town so no work on the playhouse for a while.
I went to a massive, humongous craft fair yesterday with some friends and had a great time. I wish they could widen the aisles though because every year we get stuck behind some annoying people who think it would be a good idea to stop right in the middle of the walkway and have a conversation. (Am I whiny today? I think I'm whining...) It was a great day. Breakfast at Panera and lunch at Cracker Barrel, and craft show in between with friends I hadn't seen in ages. Definitely nice. Then I left my phone in Steph's car...but she dropped it at the office of the school where she works, which is literally a few blocks from my house, so I got it today.
Tomorrow we're going to Christmas Town at Busch Gardens. That should be fun. Oh, I know what I didn't tell you yet. A boy in Karina's class got chickenpox, even though he was vaccinated. Karina has been vaccinated too. The nurse said it can happen, but it's usually a much milder case when it does happen. So I had to get my mom, dad, and grandmother to be sure they had the shingles vaccine, had to tell all my friends so they could decide about the birthday party and stuff we had planned. What a pain.
Elena is up now and she doesn't let me type but I will post this anyway so you know I'm still here!
1 comments:
I was looking at their site about Christmas Town but I decided I didn't have time to devote to a big trip like that. I hope it was fun!
The craft show day and meals sound perfect!!!!!
Post a Comment