The weekend after school got out was busy. We had the big Youth Service at my church that Sunday, which meant that I was down at church from 8-12, with Karina. She wanted to come, and that was fine. I knew she would be good for the 2 hour practice, and then be able to sit through church with my mom. The youth service is fun and there are lots of songs with motions and stuff, so it's something I thought she could handle (and she did). Background for a cute story: When we do this service, the kids do most of it, and Kelly and I just sit in the pew and guide them, and then if they need more voices to lead the songs, we'll go up front and do that. So at one point near the end of church, Karina told my mom she wanted to come say hi to me and that she would go right back to my mom. (I didn't know that til after church was over). She came up to me at the pew right as the kids were going up to sing a tricky, two-part song. So I took Karina up with me. She's good, she just stood there while we sang. Then as we sat back down, she was walking past the pew where Kelly and I were sitting and I guided her into it. So she ended up sitting with us for the end of the service and singing a couple more times. Cute.
So we were there a long time, and oh, by the way it also happened to be Bill's and my 6th anniversary. So after we got home, we ate some lunch, I put Elena down for her afternoon nap, and then after that we went over to the park where Bill and I were married. It has been tradition to have a picnic or at least go over there every year. We love the park anyway and go there a lot, but it's neat to go back on our anniversary and remember that day. Then we went to Wendy's for dinner. Woohoo, so romantic! Ha ha, no it was fine, for real. It was a fun afternoon with the girls and I didn't feel like figuring out what to feed us for dinner anyway. We like Wendy's a lot. I love their chicken nuggets and their chicken sandwich and of course the Frostys. (PS This is not a sponsored post, none of my posts are sponsored but I have to say that anyway. They didn't ask me to say nice things about their food and they didn't give me anything and in fact they probably have no clue who I am or that I like their food).
What else have we been doing? I sewed a skirt. This is huge people, because I'm not talking about a two-pieces of fabric and some elastic, I mean a skirt with two pieces in front, a piece in back, a back yoke, a waistband, and a zipper. And I didn't use a pattern. I'm serious. I just used a skort I have already and tried to make the skirt look like it. Oh, and I don't have a dressform, either, but I want one. All I have to do now is put a snap or button on it and finish up some side seams that aren't laying right and I will be able to wear this skirt in public. So exciting! And I'm so proud of myself! I've been trying to get better with my sewing and have been trying different things. Unfortunately, the friend who taught me to sew is no longer a friend of mine, so I am teaching myself through trial and error and lots of sewing blogs. I know how to use a pattern, I just really hate them and it's hard for me to find the room to lay them out properly. Oh and I detest cutting the things out. It's like cutting tissue paper, but huge sheets of it, and if you don't do a good job the whole thing gets messed up.
I went shopping last weekend, that's right, I knew something happened last weekend other than the youth service and our anniversary. My cousin popped by. So I was out shopping by myself and instead of going to my usual stores, I went into Charming Charlie. I walk past it sometimes and have always wanted to go in, so I finally did. I only got a clearance necklace and earring set, because honestly little miss grabby-hands keeps me from wearing much (she even reaches for my little tiny silver stud earrings and I am paranoid she will rip them out of my ears!), but I do like something pretty. While I was there my mom called and said my cousin and her little baby boy had stopped by to visit, so I went home and got the girls and we went over to see them. She lives about 40 minutes from us, so not far, but far enough that we don't see her enough. Baby munchkin was about 3 months old last time we saw him and he's now 7 months, sitting up and playing. So cute. It was nice to see her.
So back to the jewelry store and the necklace and earring set I bought. I took it home and Karina wanted to see it. I knew she would like it because it's purple, but the girl has practically stolen it from me! She's already worn it two different days. The sad part is, she rocks it. She has more style at age four than I have ever had in 37 years. Maybe she can teach me something....
Hope you are all doing well!
And here's my little sweetheart, Lambkin in tow, spraying plants so they will grow. So sweet. She wanted her hair up today like mine. I know you can't really see the necklace, but you can kind of see it. Her shirt has a purple heart on it and it looks like a cardigan thingy but it's part of the shirt She's got this cute little pink flowered skirt on with a bunch of ruffle layers, too. See, she has style. I am not in the picture because I do not have style. I was wearing jean shorts and a T-shirt. I couldn't even remember what color it was til I looked over at the laundry basket just now. But I am okay with it, and happy as long as the girls are happy.
Insert cutesy sign-off phrasing here
0 comments:
Post a Comment