This is for those of you who read about Elena's lost Ducky and felt as awful for her as I did. Or close to it. I took her to a couple stores over the weekend but they didn't have a good selection of stuffed animals to choose from, so on Monday while Karina was at preschool, we stopped in a big baby store up near Karina's school. They had a whole shelf of stuffed animals, including a couple of Huggybuddies (no ducks of course). They even had a plush Gund duck (not Huggybuddy), but the first duck I showed Elena, she squealed with joy and grabbed it. "Ducky!" she cried. That was that. The best part is I got two of them because they were inexpensive store brand ducks. She loves her new ducky. I don't think it's the same kind of love, but she's happy and that's what matters. She also became quite lovey with some of her other stuffed animals, so overall we have a pretty happy ending, all things considered.
Thanks to all of you who actually read that massively long post. And thank you very much to those of you who expressed concern for both of us and offered some much-needed advice and insight into things (that would be you, Liz). You were so right, and I never realized it til you said it, but I do feel guilty about a lot of things with Elena! I'm working on that.
Thanks all you readers out there!
Oh and I have to share the weirdest small-world story with you! I was at my book club (okay it's not my personal book club, and I'm a new addition, but still) the other night, with my friend from my teaching days and her sister. The other ladies were sick or unable to make it, so it was just the three of us. We were talking for hours, and somehow the subject of blogs came up and I had said in passing that I had one. My friend's sister asked the name, and I was laughing because of course the blog name has changed but the url is still the old name, daydreaming of cloth diapers. So I told her, and she said, "I know that blog! My sister in law uses cloth diapers and she sent me something from your blog ages ago!" How funny is that??
We bought a new dishwasher this weekend and it was delivered today. Hopefully we'll get it installed tomorrow. Wish us luck!
Have a great week everyone!
0 comments:
Post a Comment