Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Buttons

Karina loves to play with my stash of buttons.  I have a box full of them that she likes to dump out and sort.  She's so good about cleaning up when she's done, and I reinforce that every time she plays with them.  I always tell her what a good job she's doing cleaning up and that is why I know she gets to play with the buttons again. 

Today, she wanted to play with them, so I brought them into my room so I could get dressed and brush my teeth.  Of course, she was still in her little footy pajamas--she never wants to get dressed anymore.  Anyway, she dumped them out while I was brushing my teeth, and when I was done I sat down to play with her.  After a while, she was finished, and kept grabbing her foot.  I thought she had stepped on a button and maybe hurt her foot.  So I asked if her foot hurt, and if I needed to kiss it.  No, she said, but she kept grabbing it.  Finally, I took her foot in my hand, and was rubbing it, when I realized it:  there were buttons in the foot of her pajamas!

Apparently, she had put some down her jammies or else some went down when she dumped out the box.  We took her jammies off and there were about ten buttons down there.  She thought this was sooo funny, and had to put her special Lambkin into her pajamas and put buttons down the jammies with him, too.  It was just so funny, and she kept laughing and saying, "buttons!"

That girl has just the best sense of humor ever.  She certainly didn't get it from me!

1 comments:

Liz Mays said...

Now that is too funny! It's hilarious that she wanted to do the same thing for Lambkin!