That's my brother David and his girlfriend after he graduated last Wednesday night from his radiography (x-ray tech) program. Mom, Nana, and I went and met Erin there with her two roommates (also friends of Dave's) to watch him get his diploma and possibly an award.
Erin and her roommates made these signs to hold up for David during the ceremony. Ceremony is really too formal a word though. There were only 17 in his class, and it was a small group of guests as well. David's teachers spoke briefly and I could see why he liked them so much, especially Mr. A.
Mr. A read the names of each student, and Mr. P gave them their certificates.
I'm sorry the pictures are so bad. I was sitting too far away for the flash on my little camera to do much good.
Then they handed out three awards to students and a few of the cooperating techs at the sites where the students went to learn. As Mr. A pointed out, most of the learning was done at the cooperating sites (there are a ton of them). David was hoping to get the highest award--he had awesome grades and was well-liked by all his classmates and cooperating techs.
Unfortunately, another student (David had said he thought W might get the award instead of him) got the highest award. I know David was really bummed out, but he did get another award, for excellence as a student.
Once David had gotten the other award, he knew he wasn't getting the big one. Mom and Nana and I just sat so bummed out. When Mr. A announced that W had gotten the other award, David was the first on his feet to applaud him. I was so proud of him at that moment, I can't even tell you. I knew just how much he wanted that award, and he totally deserved it (so did W).
Yesterday David took his registry exam to be licensed and passed with flying colors. He did great. He's now a registered technician in radiography, which means he is permitted by the state to take x-rays as a profession. His job is to take them, not read them; for that you have to go to med school for a billion years and get a medical degree as a radiologist. There is another step though, which is a radiologist's assistant, which doesn't require the medical degree and does also pay more, so he may go for that in a few years. Either way, I'm so proud of him. He's been applying for jobs all week and has a phone interview with a nearby hospital this week. I will let you know when he gets a job!









1 comments:
That is absolutely fantastic! I'm so happy for him, and his smile just shows how thrilled he is. I wish he would have received the award that he wanted, but he still did so great. Now I hope he gets a job really quickly. :)
Post a Comment