Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Elena's 4 month checkup

We went to the pediatrician's today and Elena weighs 15.4 lbs.  She's over 24 inches long.  She is smaller than I expected.  She feels so heavy, I thought she weighed at least 16 or 17 pounds.  So I was pretty surprised when she didn't.  Her weight puts her somewhere around the 75th-90th percentile, but her height is nowhere near that.  It's more like the 50th.  This is a lot like what Karina did when she was little. She has now settled right into the 50th percentile, and I'm totally fine with that. 

Elena has a little cold again, and got some icky shots.  She's been sleeping a lot today so I hope the night isn't awful.  I haven't slept well the last few nights and I really need a good night's sleep tonight!

Karina has the start of an ear infection so she's on antibiotics.  But she has no fever so I'm thankful for that. 

Overall it was a good visit.  Elena is doing great and even laughed at Dr. B! 

After the visit we stopped at a small farmer's market that goes on in this little square on Wednesdays only and browsed some stuff.  We got some chocolate cake pops that were delicious! 

Then we ate at Wendy's as a treat and overall just had a really good day.


3 comments:

Liz Mays said...

Love that she laughed at the doc! But poo that they're both a little bit ill. :(

Christina said...

Glad you had a good day!

Sounds like Elena is a healthy girl!

Ginger said...

I cannot wait to meet her!!! I wish I was closer!