Sunday, December 20, 2009

Hemp and stuff

I have been working on clearing up a little infection my daughter got, and in the course of that, I have boiled all her diapers, and super-heavy-duty washed her covers and everything that has elastic or PUL.  Sigh.  Not how I want  to spend my free time.  I had gotten a few hemp liners/inserts/doublers things try for overnight, and I realized they are anti-bacterial.  Now I wish I had gotten more of them.  So I checked around and most of them are intended for adding absorption to diapers, but I really just want something thin that I can lay on top of all her diapers, that isn't too expensive, so I can use one at every diaper change.  I am wondering if anything like this exists?  I have two Hemp Babies thin ones, and 3 Joey Bunz for night time.  The Hemp Babies ones are nice and thin, but longer than necessary.  I've been checking all my trusted diaper sites, and I think I might have to do a search and see what else comes up.  I also added some hemp diapers to my Kaboodle Diaper wishlist. 

Well, I hope that the boiling and heavy washing will clear up this infection and keep it from coming back.  I think that using the hemp overnight will certainly help as well.  Oh, and I ordered some bumGenius laundry detergent, too. 

I have to say, if you have rash issues, the person to contact is Dani at Babycottonbottoms.com.  She was a great help and answered all my questions clearly and expertly.  Really, she was great.  I highly recommend that if you have questions about rashes, you contact her.  Thanks to "There's No Snakes in New Zealand" blog for sharing her expertise with me! 

0 comments: