Karina is a year old today...hard to believe that at this time, 9pm, last year, I was in tears telling my doctor, "I haven't slept in 36 hours!!" And an hour later, there she was, my beautiful little baby girl I had waited so long for. And now she's one! She had a great day, and really scored with presents, wow, I have a generous family! She got so many cool things, not just for her birthday but also for Christmas. Some of her favorites include: a stuffed bear from my dad, a Cabbage Patch Doll from her friend Riley, an egg shaped shape sorting game from my brother David and his girlfriend Erin, a xylophone piano from Aunt Danise, a garden toy from Colin and Paige, a tea set from Stephanie, a set of small stacking buckets from Aunt Kelly, the old fashioned Fisher Price pull along Chatter Phone from Nana, a toy cell phone (Parents brand) from Grandma, the board book of "Good Night Moon" also from Grandma, the bedtime seahorse from Grandma, a puzzle from David and Erin, and there is so much more! She really got a lot of wonderful, fun toys. My mom suggested, and I am going to put some away for a little while, and bring them out later, so she has "new" things throughout the year. For now, having her birthday the day after Christmas is okay, and I can take toys away to save for later, because she won't remember. But as she gets older, that won't be the case. We will have to have some kind of birthday half-celebration in the summer. It's so unfair, she has to go the entire year before she can get another present, poor kid! So this year, I'll hide a few things and bring them out later, particularly some of the toys she's not too interested in, or, unfortunately, is afraid of (she got these cool gears that light up and spin--well, her Daddy got them, actually, to play with with her, and she likes the lights. However, then the gears start spinning all over teh place, and she gets scared. So we'll save that til she's a bit older. Also maybe Taxi the pull along doggy who is pretty big...long story. His name is really something like Snoop n' Sniff dog or something. When I was little, I had a small puppy version of this toy, and we think it got tossed when my grandfather's shed was torn down. For reasons unknown to anyone, including me, the dog's name was Taxi. So Mom and I have been looking for a Taxi for her, and she found a larger version. But he's pretty big, and a bit much for her right now. She also got some puzzles that are a little much for her right now, and a few other things that can wait several months to make a reappearance.
Overall, a fabulous couple of days. Tomorrow, we head up to Richmond to visit family, and I hear there may be a few gifts for her there, as well. Wow, what a trio of days! I don't know who's more tired, me or Karina!
I hope you all had as great a Christmas as we did.
0 comments:
Post a Comment