Well, I was impressed. I didn't know she knew what I'm about to share with you. We were reading one of her books (she loves her books and we read a LOT of them, allllllll daaaaaay loooong) about animals, and just on a whim, on the farm page, I asked her, "Karina, where's the pig?" And she pointed to the pig. I thought it might just be luck, so I asked her, "Do you see a cow?" And she pointed to the cow. She then pointed to the horse, and the sheep, and then on another page, not as surprisingly, she pointed to the dog and cat. Mom and I think that she's processing all the stuff she hears, and that might be partly why she doesn't really talk much. (But she's improving there, too. I think she's trying to say, "read"). Pretty much all she says right now, regularly, is "Da" which is Daddy, "Mama", "Duddy" which is doggy, and "Ba" or similar sounds to "ba". "Ba" can be blueberries, bananas, bottle/drink, or elaborate things like, "I want to go down the slide now" or "What is Daddy doing up there that's taking him so long?". Oh, I forgot, "Ma" is milk. But other than these few things, which she really rarely says, she doesn't say much most of the time.
Well I guess this post sort of dragged out longer than I intended. Shocking, me typing too much. Ha ha! I just thought it was really cool that she knew those animals. I had no idea she could do that. She amazes me every day. I just love her that's all. :-)
2 comments:
That is the coolest discovery! They say it really doesn't even matter when they talk if they're understanding it and clearly she is!!!! I had a moment like that (different but the same) with my first and like you, I was BLOWN away!
I'm so excited! So proud of her. Thanks for the tip about talking. I'm secretly nervous about it, but pretending I'm not! He he!
Post a Comment