What a wonderful day! My friend Steph, her friend Steffie, and I went shopping at the outlets, and Stephanie from my church babysat Steph's daughter. Karina stayed home with Bill (and apparently woke up from her nap hysterical. Poor thing. I counted 3 molars coming in tonight, plus another front tooth. Anyway, shopping!)
We went to the Bare Escentuals store first, and I was very tempted to buy some eyeshadow in these really pretty, shimmery lavender shades, but I couldn't justify it since I don't wear a lot of makeup. Then we went to the Carter's outlet, and oh, the adorableness of it! I could have spent a thousand dollars in there (I didn't). They had some beautiful dresses, one was white with yellow sunflowers on it (which I'm normally not the biggest fan of, but these were really cute). Since Karina already has so many dresses, the price wasn't quite low enough to get any of those. Then I saw that they had summer rompers in the same sunflower pattern, so I got her one of those for only $7. That was definitely doable. I got her a pair of pink shorts, a play shirt with bright flowers, and an outfit: a fuschia shirt with a hula-skirt-wearing monkey on it and a skort with brightly colored tropical flowers all over it. I had not been to the Carter's outlet in over 5 years. Drool.
Then we walked on to a shoe store and then into Gymboree. Not as much really super-good stuff, until I spotted this sweet romper in the back. It is so ME...if they had had it in my size... ha ha! No, it's white with little pink flowers all over it...so adorable...and a matching hat. I thought it was $20 for the romper alone but it was less than $20 for both pieces, so I was happy. Poor Karina, subjected to my fashion sense til she's old enough to fight with me about it. I do let her help choose her clothes most days, though. She likes that. (She likes T-shirts with dogs on them).
We went into a few other stores, a chocolate store (mmmmmmmmmmmm), a sunglasses store, The Children's Place (didn't find anything in there at all; very disappointed), and Bath and Body Works. I was tempted in there, too. They have these room fragrance plugs and of course they come in the signature scents. The plug itself is usually white, but now they have them in colors, including pink, and boy, was I tempted!
Steffie is over 6 months pregnant, and I'm not sure how she made it through the day still standing. I was exhausted! But such a good kind of exhausted! What a wonderful day spent with my friend and a new friend shopping with NO CHILDREN! Ahhh, contented sigh.
2 comments:
If it makes you feel any better, when B&B came out with those plugs, I bought one and it didn't even last 2 weeks with the scent. Granted, they've probably drastically improved since then...but my goal is to make you feel better. So pretend they still suck.
I love those little rompers too and I love dressing babies!!!
Glad you had so much fun!
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
Post a Comment