Monday, May 10, 2010

Look who's living in our yard

This little fellow first appeared one day when Bill was mowing the backyard.  Karina is afraid of the lawnmower noise, so she likes to keep an eye on it.  We were watching from the porch, and suddenly, I saw this baby bunny go tearing across the yard.  I ran out to Bill, frantically waving my arms, and he stopped the mower.  He told me he was keeping an eye on it, and had seen it earlier when it first ran out from the corner of the yard.  A day or so later, I happened to see it in the garden (ha ha, it's sooo not a garden) area under the dining room window.  I couldn't believe how cute he was!  I went outside with Karina, who was oblivious to him, and he was still there.  I took a few pictures, and then Karina walked around to the backyard.  When we came back, he was gone.  Later that same day, we saw him again, in the same spot, nibbling some clover and weeds (like I said, "garden" is a joke).  Then he crawled under one of the hosta plants and spent the afternoon there.  A few days later, I saw him again in the backyard.  I had diapers hanging out on the line, and he was right under them when I went to get them.  I was only 2 feet from him!  He is the cutest thing ever.  I hope the neighborhood cats don't get him!

1 comments:

Liz Mays said...

I wonder where the rest of the bunny family is!! I'm so glad your hubs is looking out for the little cutie. Sometimes I see a bunny here and there around here, but not babies.