Thursday, July 8, 2010

Water Park Day

First let me say this:  I guess writing really is good therapy, because I no longer feel my maniacal obsession with the dolls and stuff.  What a relief!  Now, on to more normal things!

Yesterday I took my church youth group (I make it sound like I did it myself--not even close.  Kelly, our Pastor "PG", and I all went with 5 youth) to the local water park for a day of fun in the sun.  Apparently, we were located in one of the top five hottest spots in the entire country, according to Erik, the other advisor who did not go because he needed to stay home want watch Germany play soccer.  Whatever... He said even including Death Valley, we were still in the top five.  Don't know if that's true, but it was a hot one!

We got there around 10ish and Karina, who had to come with me of course, got to play with her little friends Nate and Drew in one of the kid areas.  She spent 20 minutes walking around and around the perimeter of the water area, just looking.  At one point she did climb up on the plaything in the middle.  Mostly we walked.  While we were doing that, Kelly, PG, and the kids went to ride some rides.  When Kelly came back with Drew, we were hungry and he was sleeping, so she got us fries and a drink and Karina had her lunch.  Then more playing, more kids riding rides, and Karina took a 2 hour nap.  Then after that, more rides for the kids, more water time for Karina, who was pretty wiped out by then, as was her mother, he he.  Finally, it was time to go.  It was so hot that all we'd been doing all day was drinking various forms of liquid and we finished off with these Slurpee-esque freezy slush things.  Mine was cherry and oh, so good!  Karina and I headed home, but the kids convinced Kelly to let them watch movies and eat pizza at her house, so I hope that was fun.  She had to work today, poor thing.  Karina and I went home, ate dinner, and relaxed until bedtime. 

It was an exhausting but really fun day, and I can't wait to take Karina back someday with her dad.  He's missed out twice now. 

1 comments:

Liz Mays said...

No fair he missed out again! I love those slushy drinks!