I didn't tell you all this yet, but I won a big prize from Listen To Lena. A very, very big prize. So big in fact, that it arrived in 2 boxes, BIG boxes, that took up my entire foyer (well, it's a small foyer). I won a Britax Chaperone infant car seat AND stroller! (Breathe, breathe) When I got the email from her saying I had won, I almost threw up with excitement and nervousness, because it had been several days! How did I miss it? I don't know, but we've been having internet issues, and that could be why, but luckily, I had a whole week to respond (wow, that is so generous! Most blogs only give you a day or two!). Plus, Lena was SO nice. I emailed her immediately, and she said I was in time to win. I'm telling you, I was sick to my stomach. I can't believe this thing arrived so fast!
I really, really like Britax. I've never won anything that came so fast. When it arrived, I opened up the boxes, and took out the car seat because it didn't have to be put together. It was so cute! It's perfect for a new baby! Now I can't wait to have a new baby to put in it. Heehee! (There's no rush, really). Then, when Bill came home he put together the stroller and holy cow is this thing nice! I feel really awful because we're going to retire my other stroller that my mom gave us. I really like it, and it is a great stroller, but this one is soooooo smooth, and so nice and so comfortable for Karina. The whole time he was working on it, she kept pointing to it, and then pointing to herself (her way of saying, "That's my stroller!") She just had to go for a ride in it. First she put her toys in it and she wanted to push them, but the stroller wasn't completely finished yet. I promised her a ride before bedtime, and she got one. It wasn't hard for Bill to put together, once we found the cleverly hidden instructions (he hadn't opened everything before starting to put it together. Typical engineer, right?). The only thing I am not crazy about is that it's kind of hard to fold and unfold. It is not a one hand fold operation, like my other stroller. So that's going to take a bit of getting used to. Fortunately, Karina is really good at standing next to me when I ask her to, or I can just put her in the car and then fold it. But overall, the stroller is amazing. I just had to tell you about it.
I have always been a big Britax fan, ever since I heard of them and, of course, had a baby. Their safety reputation is great, and I've heard stories about children surviving horrific accidents because of being in a Britax. My best friend was rear-ended with both her kids in the back seat, and she has been dealing with really awful problems ever since. Her kids--totally fine. My friend: currently, losing her sight because of brain damage; in constant, excruciating, and difficult to control pain from nerve/spine/brain damage; Celiac's disease triggered from intense stress (runs in her family but she was not affected; they told her it sort of "turned on" from all the stress her body was under). The kids are fine, completely fine, not a thing happened to them. They were both in Britax seats. So that's why, when Karina graduated to a bigger car seat, we got a Britax. Now I'm so happy to know that any future baby will never have to ride in anything other than Britax. The cost of the car seats is high, but in my opinion it is totally worth it. So I definitely recommend (if you're looking for a carseat, or a stroller, because it's really nice) checking out Britax. Watch for them to go on sale and sometimes you can get a good deal on them.
Oh, and I'm pretty sure Listen To Lena said she was going to have another giveaway from Britax soon. Don't quote me or anything, but I could swear she did. (Oh, she did! I just checked, and it's not just one but TWO giveaways, so watch for them before Christmas. Go here to see.)
Oh, and I have to say this, too, that nobody paid me to say this. I did win the Britax carseat and stroller in an unrelated giveaway on another blog, but I already own a Britax Marathon which I purchased (well my mom did). Basically, nobody bribed me to say any of this, it's my honest opinion and I'd say it even if I hadn't won these things.



3 comments:
Ha ha ha, LOVED reading this post! Congratulations again!
Thanks! And thank you for all the hard work you do to keep up your blog for all the rest of us!
Congrats! Can't wait to see it. :) I want to win something awesome.
Post a Comment