Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Musikgarten!!!!

Tomorrow, I am soooooo excited that Musikgarten is starting back up!  If you have never heard of Musikgarten, it is a music program that goes from babies to age nine and beyond, depending on the instructor.  Ours is wonderful and we love her.  She has piano classes all the way up to adults.  She even taught her dad!  What's great about it is that it's not taught the traditional way you think of music being taught.  Karina has learned body parts from her classes.  Her little friend "Buggy" learned body parts and animal sounds (she's a year older) and some other things.  Now Buggy's sister Miss O is going to be in our class while Buggy's at preschool.  We'll be missing Buggy, but we heard there are going to be two other little girls in the class close to Karina's age--yay!  We sing songs, do rhymes, dance, and play simple instruments.  Karina learns about following instructions, too, and everything is geared toward the age of the children.  Classes are not free, but I value what we've learned and experienced, and the cost is worth it to me.  You can get more information at www.musikgarten.org.  You can also search for a teacher, too.

Then, on Thursday we're going back to our playgroup!  I can't wait for that, either.  Karina had such a great time. 

I'm glad to have things to do with Karina now that it's gotten to be fall.  Some days, I would wander around and be so bored here at home, but she would be playing and having fun, so I didn't want to spoil her day by dragging her out shopping or something.  Now, I'm glad to have reasons to get out of the house!

0 comments: