Sunday, January 23, 2011

Football

For the record, I'm not into sports of any kind.  My husband, however, loves football, hockey, and baseball, so pretty much year round there's some type of sport on television.  Today was a big game for him, Bears versus Packers.  He's from Chicago, so he got a big disappointment today, but that's not the story.

Karina isn't allowed in Bill's room (we call it his music room, but it's just a room where he keeps a lot of junk in messy piles everywhere and on every flat surface) because there's so much stuff she could get into and either get hurt by or damage.  We keep a baby gate up because there's not a regular door, just a curtain to separate his room from the kitchen.  Today, since he was in there watching the Big Game, I suggested he take the gate down, because Karina wanted to be able to go in there and come out to the kitchen where I was.  Since he was in there to watch her, it was fine, and really she is so good that she doesn't get into much as long as someone's there.  She was absolutely thrilled to be allowed in there, and wanted to bring all her books and toys in there to play with and read.  Then she saw the miniature football.

I gave Bill some small sport balls for a birthday or some present a while back, that he could play with Karina with.  The football was lost for a while because it didn't roll, but she found it today, picked it up, and stuck it under her arm like she was some kind of quarterback.  Maybe we should have sent her to Chicago today to help them out! 

1 comments:

Liz Mays said...

Well, it couldn't have hurt to have her help them out. I was bummed they lost. So cute that she got to go in that room. What a treat for her.