Sunday night, my friend Marie invited Karina and I to see the Disney on Ice show "Dare to Dream". We were happy to go, and it was Karina's and my first time at any kind of ice show. We went to a 5:30 matinee, so that I was hoping to avoid a bedtime drama. Most of the other shows were at 7pm. Marie got our tickets, and she scored a super deal--we paid less than the cheapest seats in the place and had row 9 seats! We were one row behind the $45 seats and paid a third of the price! That was really awesome.
When we got there, Karina noticed everything, from all the people to the big building to the generator-run lights on the sidewalk. We found our seats pretty easily, after passing hundreds of stands and booths full of Disney princess products. I wanted to get Karina a program but they were way too expensive. Karina liked that the ice had star-shaped lights beamed down onto it. She also liked finding the speakers high up in the rafters of the building.
The show has 3 stories, The Princess and the Frog (Tiana), Cinderella, and Tangled (Rapunzel), in that order. Karina did not like the first one at all. She was afraid of the frog costumes and some of the effects. She was so scared she wouldn't even turn around on my lap, where she had climbed. Finally it ended and Cinderella came on. She didn't want to turn and look, but I sort of made her, to show her Cinderella's dress and things like that. As you may know, Karina isn't much of a princessy-girly-girl, but she does like their dresses and the skating was interesting to her. So finally she watched some and then intermission was halfway through Cinderella. I took her out to the bathroom where the line was enormous until I spied another Women's room just ten steps down that had no line at all. Then we stood in line to get food, which was insanely expensive. Why a bottle of water costs more than a hot dog is beyond me. But my girl had to eat, and she won't drink anything but water (really, not even juice). So we went back to our seats, she ate her hot dog in 5 seconds flat, and was fine after that. She loved Cinderella, and really really loved the Rapunzel one. They did a lot of high-flying in that one, which impressed me, too, and Karina was just enthralled. Her little friend loved it, too. I was so glad that she had finally enjoyed it. I had never seen Tangled, even though I wanted to when it came out, so I was really into the storyline. I am going to have to see this movie now.
After the show, Marie and her husband walked us to our car, and then Karina and I sat in the car talking for a little bit waiting for the traffic to die down. It's impossible to get out of those places in a hurry, so we just sat there. Finally I thought I'd be able to back out but there were all these other people cutting in and no one was using any manners at all. I was very frustrated. Karina said she was making cupcakes for the other drivers and pretended to give them out and then made me some pretend chocolate ones. After I pretended to eat it, we were able to move and get into the lane to leave. Karina was very excited that her cupcakes were the reason we were able to leave! Then on the way home she told me all about the show and the people who turned into frogs. Then she started telling me about Lambkin (her special stuffed lamb) and his house and how it's a green house with a green door and porch and a pink roof. He has a green bike and a pink bike and keeps one inside and one outside. We got home around 8pm, and I was in no rush to put her to bed because I knew she needed to wind down. About 8:30 we went upstairs, after she told her dad all about it, and then by 8:45 she finally went to bed. It was such a fun night, and I am so glad that Marie invited us. I have to say, Disney really knows what they're doing (except for the frogs--I heard other girls in the bathroom talking about how creepy they were and looked like aliens), and they put on a mighty fine show.
PS Disney didn't pay me or compensate me in any way, shape, or form to write any of this. It's just a thing that happened to us and I wrote about it honestly.
1 comments:
I can see why the frogs would be scary. Giant frogs are just not normal, but I'm so glad she liked Tangled so much. I've not seen that one either, but it sounds cute!
I agree that Disney knows how to do things. They do everything first-rate.
Thanks for the update, lol. :)
Post a Comment