Thursday, October 13, 2011

The worst part about my pregnancy

I read a blog post the other day that had a similar title.  She talked about the horrific pain she had from gall bladder attacks, and I thanked my lucky stars that nothing like that happened to me with Karina and has not happened with this baby.

Then today it hit me.

Pain is not the worst part.

The worst part for me is knowing I have friends and family who desperately want babies and can't have them, for various reasons.

I realized that I am beyond lucky, beyond blessed, beyond fortunate.  Being able to feel this baby and Karina growing and be part of their lives from the very first second is a miracle.  Cliche, yes, but I don't care.  It's true.

I wish with everything I have that I could do something and somehow let my loved ones experience this, too.  I really do, but there is nothing I can do other than offer them my love and support.  It doesn't seem like enough though when I'm one of the lucky ones.

1 comments:

Liz Mays said...

I know you have a heart of gold, but you've also had your struggles. You deserve this baby, and I know how much you cherish being a mother. Savor it and truly enjoy it, as I know you will.