Thursday, December 29, 2011

37 weeks

I'm officially "full term" so if Eleina comes early (HA HA HA) they won't stop labor.  I had my checkup today and all is well, no real serious progress or anything, so I don't expect her anytime super soon.  She is still head down, luckily. 

My next appointment next week is during preschool time, so I'm nervous about getting out in time to pick up Karina.  Bill is on-call as backup, but he works a good 20-30 minutes from preschool, so it's not a good backup.  Hopefully there won't be any delays and I can get in and out quickly.  I never know, and there have been times I've waited a looong time to see the doctor.  I usually don't care because I love the doctors there and they are just awesome (which is why they sometimes have backups; they actually talk to and listen to their patients), but it does make me a little nervous when I have to be walking out the door in one hour from my appointment time. 

Otherwise, same old same old around here.  We finally finished Christmas yesterday, visiting my mom at her house.  Karina behaved as I had originally expected her to on Christmas morning, had she not been sick:  "Wow!  This is awesome!  Where's my next present?"  And yes, she does use the word "awesome".  (She also says "cool", "no problem", and "I can't believe this").  Her family birthday celebration thingy will be Saturday.  My awesome dad is bringing pizza (now you know why she says that word, he he) and Karina and I are baking a cake or cupcakes tomorrow. 

But mostly I'm thinking of New Baby things...now that Christmas is pretty much over, and I'm usually too tired to do more than change my calendar for New Year's.  I can't believe Eleina will be here in less than a month.  (I say that because I don't think they'll let me go overly late, considering how big Karina was for me and the fact that Eleina is also on the bigger side). 

More to come later, and hopefully pictures soon.

3 comments:

Liz Mays said...

It is so hard to believe that the time is nearly here for her to arrive! Exciting!!!

Karina and her vocabulary are cracking me up!

Happy New Year!

Ginger said...

I cannot wait to meet her!

Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said...

How exiting - you are getting close! I had my son at 37 weeks...he was small but fine. It sounds like your little girl isn't in a big hurry - hopefully you won't have to issue an eviction notice :)