On Friday, my friends Stephanie and Janice and I went to a big craft fair about two hours away. The thing is huge, with over 500 vendors selling almost anything you can imagine. We have been going just about every year, and we always have a great time. Stephanie likes to drive, so she and Janice met at my house and picked me up about 830 in the morning. Karina was not at all happy about me leaving for the day, but she endured. It kills me to watch her standing at the door waving good bye. Ugh, rip my heart out, child. (and she was NOT happy with me when I got home!)
Anyway, we set off for the craft fair, chatting away, and as we got onto the interstate I noticed a pickup truck some ways ahead of us in our lane. In the back of his truck was a port-a-potty, which was kind of leaning to the side. I warned Stephanie about traveling behind him because that just didn't look good. So she got in the middle lane and off we went. Just as we started to pull up alongside him, Janice shouted, "Look, it's going!" and sure enough, that port-a-potty was flying out of the back of the pickup! Splat, right onto the interstate (luckily, there was not a lot of traffic and no one was directly behind him, so no one was hurt). Since all was well, we could laugh without guilt, because that was funny to see. Who expects to go to a craft fair and see a flying port-a-potty?
The craft fair itself was fun, I got some things for Bill, my brother's girlfriend, Karina, my cousin, and fudge for me! Then we had lunch/dinner at Cracker Barrel (I love their breakfast menu, but we almost never go there) and did a little shopping in their store, too. I got two cute little 4-inch dolls for Karina that reminded me of the old Kelly dolls that were Barbie's littlest sister back when I was a kid.
Overall, it was a wonderful and fun day, great company, and a funny story to go with it. I only wish I had had a camera, not that I would have been fast enough to catch that potty go flying, but still. I'm sure you can imagine!
0 comments:
Post a Comment