Monday, December 12, 2011

Decorating, Caroling, and Baby Shower?

Yesterday was the greening of our church, which just means putting up the trees and greenery.  I didn't go to that because there was nothing I could do to help out, being as big as I am.  I can't get on the floor to sort the ornaments and I can't reach up to hang greens.  So I skipped that.  But I did go caroling.  The youth group carols to several homebound church members each year, and it really brightens their day.  We love doing it and seeing their smiles and having a chance to talk to them.  We bring a little gift, too.  Then we have our youth group Christmas party.  This year it was scheduled at Pastor G's house, but she ended up having a wire go down in her neighborhood, so we moved it to Kelly's house.  PG went home to get all the food and stuff, and when she got to Kelly's, finally, with the pizza, finally (can you tell I was a hungry lady?), I was told to Sit and Stay.  So I sat and stayed in the rocker/recliner until I was "allowed" to get up.  I had some suspicion that something might be going on, mainly because we threw a surprise shower for Kelly once before.  So finally Kelly released me and lo and behold, they had done a shower for me!  I was so appreciative, I can't tell you, because being my second child, and second girl no less, I have not been given an opportunity for a shower.  I don't need much, really, just a few things need replacing, but still, I feel bad that Eleina isn't getting all the cutesy new baby stuff like Karina did.  But this was SO nice--PG baked 2 cakes!  One was chocolate with chocolate icing (my absolute favorite) and the other was vanilla with pink icing (but not strawberry, I don't like that--no, she dyed white icing just for me!).  She also made pink Rice Crispy treats and found pink "it's a girl" Hershey's Kisses.  Unreal!  Kelly did games with prizes, and even the two boys present at the event seemed to have fun.  I got some nice things, things I really wanted, but honestly the best part was just being made to feel special for a little while.  It was so nice of them to do that and it was so much fun.  I have said a thousand times today in thank you notes and things how lucky I am to be part of such a caring and thoughtful group of people. 

I hope everyone else had a nice weekend too!

0 comments: