Thursday, January 19, 2012

Guess who's here?

Elena finally arrived!  She was early, thank goodness, because she weighed 9.07pounds and was 20.5 inches.  She was born at 7:20pm on Sunday the 15th. 

My water actually broke at 5am, which was the strangest sensation I've ever had in my life, but then it still took her over 12 hours to arrive.  Still, that's half as long as Karina!

She is beautiful and sweet, but she is a little piggy eater and screams at the top of her lungs as soon as she's hungry!  Karina is getting used to her, a little unsure but tells me she loves her sister.  She wants to help do things for her, sometimes, but most of the time she's kind of ignoring her.  It will take a little time.




Here are just a few pictures for you.  Yes, she's a little jaundiced right now, but we're getting that all taken care of.  Karina was too when she was little. 

I might not be on here quite as much since we're still working out our new routines, but I'll try to update when I can. 

Please enjoy the BEAUTIFUL new blog design by Jennie--see the button at the top of my sidebar.  I think she did a phenomenal job and I love my new design!  THANK YOU JENNIE!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's PERFECT!

dannyscotland said...

Aw, thanks! I think so too but I'm partial!

Christina said...

Congrats!! She's so cute! Love your new blog design too.