Sunday, September 6, 2009

Smartipants...first use!

I tried out one of Karina's new Smartipants diapers today.  I put it on her around 730 this morning before church, and since she fell asleep on the way home in the car, she's actually still wearing it.  It's 11.  I know, this is bad of me.  Normally, someone in the nursery changes her.  Today, that just didn't happen.  I thought, I'll change her at home.  And then she fell SOUND asleep.  I thought, she only sleeps a short time after falling asleep in the car.  Apparently, not today.  So we'll see if it leaks.  When I picked her up from the nursery around 945, she was not leaking.  When I put her in the crib around 10, she was not leaking.
When I put the insert into the Smartipants diaper, I did have a little trouble getting it to lay flat.  It is slightly wider than the pocket opening.  Once I got that settled, I had to figure out how to keep the long insert from peeking out the ends of the diaper.  It is set to the shortest setting.  It was really easy to put on her, and I had no trouble snapping it.
Well, she just woke up at 12....soaked diaper, but NO LEAKS!  Amazing.  My unintentional experiment has worked out.  I am thoroughly impressed.  I think I'll be buying more of these Smartipants diapers!

0 comments: