
I think she's getting another tooth. It's the only time she's ever fussy (I know, you all secretly want to beat me up for my good luck, but really, she didn't get it from me, and I'm sure the next baby will make up for it someday), and she's been cranky for two days. Plus, she's in full-blown clingy mode, and since she can now walk and stand and stuff, she likes to grab my legs and not let me move. She cries if I do the dishes. She cries if I go upstairs to take a shower. She cries if I take three steps across the kitchen. You get the picture. So the morning was awful, and I finally decided I'd had enough. I decided to go out and get out of this house and distract her. And if she was still cranky, well at least I would be distracted. We went to the mall because it's all inside (it is cold here) and there's plenty to look at. I didn't actually have intentions of buying anything, but of course we had to go in all the kid stores, GAP Kids, Gymboree, Old Navy, and The Children's Place. Gymboree had some stuff on sale for some great prices (I have a pretty tight budget as far as clothing goes and unfortunately I don't get to shop there much, even though I think their stuff is really cute). I got her a bright and cheerful flower print top for summer. It's sleeveless and the straps have big ruffles on them. It is very cute and girly. I also got her a short sleeved red dress with little white polka dots on it. Also cute. Then I got this sleeveless sweater dress for next year. You can find it
here if you want to get it online.
Then we went to the food court and got Wendy's for a snack. She tried the nuggets, but really just wanted the mandarin oranges. She ate a fry or two. Then we went into The Children's Place. Oh. My. Stars. They had $30 dresses on sale for $10. No, really. I couldn't believe it. I looked at the sign about five times. If you want to check it out online, go
here. This dress is about a million times cuter in real life than in the picture. It has some little tulle ruffles underneath, and some sparkly stuff on the flowers, but not overwhelmingly so. The back is a faux-laceup style, and it has the reverse print from the front, so the ground is blue and the flowers are white. I couldn't believe what a deal it was. Maybe it will be for Easter, maybe not, I'm not sure. I just knew I had to have it.
Karina was super good at the mall. We were there for about 2 hours and she never fussed. She didn't make me hold her, either, which she usually tries to get me to do. I thought once we stopped at the food court, and she saw me on the other side of the stroller, she'd start fussing. No, she was good! We came home, she was fine, we played. The entire rest of the evening, she was fine! She didn't even cry when I went up to take my shower. I guess retail therapy works on one year olds, too!
1 comments:
Isn't it great when they have days like that? Smooth and easy! The dresses are super, super cute! I especially love your easter dress!
Post a Comment