Monday, March 22, 2010

Smooches from my girl

Tonight, Karina did the sweetest thing.  First let me say, she has started to become more affectionate lately.  She has started waving hello and good bye, and she's trying to kiss things and she pats my shoulder or my back.  I kiss and hug her all the time. 

Tonight, we were on the floor in her room, and she walked up to me, put her hands on the side of my face, leaned in really close to me, smiled big, and then put her lips on me.  Like she was trying to kiss me.  It was the absolute sweetest thing ever.  She doesn't really "get" what kissing is; when she kisses the doggies in her books, she just presses her mouth on the picture.  Later on tonight, she did something similar, without putting her hands on me like she did before, but she was making the zerbit noise (Pppppppplllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll).  It's kind of hard to explain but hopefully you can imagine what she was doing.  It was just so adorable.  It made me feel so happy--like she is finally learning how to express love for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember the first kiss my daughter gave me...like it was yesterday and it is the sweetest moment! Ahhh, I want a baby

Liz Mays said...

Yes, she does seem to understand that a kiss means affection. I love it!!!