Friday, May 28, 2010

Her Bunnies

I used to live alone in an apartment that I loved.  I decorated it exactly the way I wanted to, and one thing I had were these three resin rabbits that were intended for use in a garden.  One is white and tan, one is gray and white, and one is black and white.  They are pretty big, probably 10-12 inches long and about 6ish inches tall.  I kept them with me because I really love them, and I had never used them outside (in an apartment, I couldn't, but they were so cute I couldn't resist them).  Once we moved into this house, I intended to put them outside.  They sat on the porch for a while, and one day, I went out there and found one had been knocked over in the wind by the blinds on the porch and his little face broke.  I gathered up as many pieces as I could find, but sadly, many pieces are missing.  I am still trying to figure out a way to fix him.  Meanwhile, he and his two buddies sat in another location on the porch for more long months.  Until last week.  I decided it was ridiculous to keep them all together like that when I could put the two whole ones out in the yard.  I decided to put them in with the one wild rosebush in our backyard.  Karina was with me when I made this decision, and I took her out into the yard with me to set them in the rosebush area.

She had a fit.  She did not want me to leave them with the rosebush, she wanted to keep them with her!  So now the little white bunny and the little black bunny are sitting outside next to Karina's slide.  Whenever we go out there, she picks up the black one (he is her favorite) and carries him around.  She hands me the white one (I'm supposed to cuddle that one while she's cuddling the black one) and walks around with hers.  The first day I let her do this, she kept kissing the bunny over and over again.  She has been very careful with them so far, and every time she holds them I remind her to be careful and gentle.  She knows these words, and she's doing a really great job.  Now I really need to fix the gray bunny so he can join the other two and be equally loved by my sweet little daughter.
 She pets them.
She points to their eyes and noses.
She loves them!

1 comments:

Liz Mays said...

You are such a sweet mommy to let her play with the bunnies like that. They're very cute and she's darling as she points and plays.