Monday, June 14, 2010

Lipton Tea Makes Me Me

I love tea.  No wait, I LOVE tea.  But not the flavored, green, or iced versions.  Just regular, plain-old, Lipton hot tea, with milk and sugar.  Mmmmmmmmmmm.  Yummy!  I drink a lot of it.  That's because I used to drink a lot of Pepsi, which I also love.  After Karina was born, though, I couldn't shed all my baby weight, and I was getting sick of carrying around this extra weight that was really starting to upset me.  I used to drink one 12 ounce soda a day.  It was not as hard as I thought it would be to give up, because what had happened was that Karina got older and bigger and was now reaching for my soda.  She reached for it so much, that I couldn't drink it if she was awake, and when she took her naps, I'd make a cup of tea to soothe me (because tea, in my world, is instant, hot, soothing bliss).  I was never finishing the sodas, and I got tired of pouring them down the drain.  So I stopped drinking them.  Now Bill rarely drinks soda, too.  We just don't keep it in the house.  Some days, I do.  It's not like I've sworn off it forever until I die, but I just don't have it around.  Ah, the tea, the beautiful tea that has replaced my need for Pepsi (sorry Pepsi, I do miss you!).  I have a cup in the morning, a cup with Karina's lunch around 1130, another when she takes her nap around 1230/1, and sometimes another one later on.  It just depends.  If I go to my mom's house, I will have one or two extras.

See, it's their fault I drink tea like this.  When I say "their" I mean my mom and my grandmother.  When I say "fault" I don't mean it in a bad way.  My grandmother, Nana, came here from Scotland, where they drink a lot of tea.  Her kids grew up with it.  Now I have, too.  And oh, how I love it!



By the way, Lipton and Pepsi did not in any way sponsor anything I wrote here.  I just really like Lipton tea and Pepsi, and everything I said here is my own personal opinion that I just randomly decided to write about.  I didn't get any money to say any of this.  Even though I am sort of a walking advertisement for them since I love them so much, but that's okay.  They still didn't pay me.

1 comments:

Liz Mays said...

I wish I liked tea as much as I like my diet soda! it would be so much better for me!