This morning while I was cleaning up Bill's breakfast dishes from the table, I dropped a knife on the floor. It kind of clattered on the marble tile (installed very poorly by previous owners and the bane of my downstairs existence--I constantly worry Karina will hit her head on it). Karina didn't miss a beat and called out, "Bang!" It was the cutest thing ever, and what a fantastic feeling to have her just spit out a word, all on her own, without me asking her to say something!
She has said it a few more times, too. Another cute thing she is doing now is anytime she hears a dog barking in the neighborhood, she starts making the dog-bark sound (woof woof). She is talking more and more, and our speech therapist said again that she really thinks she'll be out of the program by Christmas! Yay!
0 comments:
Post a Comment