Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Yes, We're Okay!

Sorry everyone, I forgot I posted about Hurricane Irene coming through. 

We're fine, totally fine!  Basically, we got a lot of wind, a bunch of rain, and that was it.  No flooding, no damage, all the family is safe.  We lost power for about 36 hours, cable and internet a little longer.  My relatives in Richmond are still without power and expect to be without it until at the very least Friday, probably longer.  Luckily, they have somewhere else to stay, so they are okay. 

We're very lucky, and reading reports about the damage in places like Vermont, where they are really not used to this type of weather is scary and sad.  I am counting my blessings every day to be safe and still have a home.  I kept imagining what would happen if the storm spawned a tornado--you know the paranoid daydreams of one's husband or child being ripped out of one's arms while cowering in a closet?  Yeah, those.  Not cool.  But no tornadoes came through luckily.

I sincerely hope all of you out there are okay as well.  I know at least some of you are local and some are NC state readers, so I hope you were not affected by the storm, or at least not severely.

Thanks Blueviolet for reminding me with your comment that I needed to update everyone!

0 comments: