For Christmas my dad gave Karina a small wooden train set. It's the kind with the little wooden track pieces that fit together, such as the popular Thomas the Train style tracks have. Hers is not Thomas, it's an off brand, but she doesn't care (and neither do I). She has enjoyed playing with it, but the track configurations were pretty limited. There were only 2 straight pieces of track, so you pretty much had to make an oval. Last week, while we were shopping at our local big box store, I saw that in their clearance section they had add-on sets of wooden track just like Karina's. $7 a box was tempting, but I didn't think Karina played with her train set enough.
Today we were back doing some grocery shopping, and I went looking for them. The last few days she's been carrying the little train cars around, so I thought it might be worth getting a box. Lo and behold they were reduced even further to only $3 for a box of 25 pieces! I got two boxes. Each set has a bunch of straight and curved pieces, as well as two ramps, a bridge, and four support pieces.
After her lunch, I wanted to pull out the pieces and make sure they worked with her set. Not using my brain, I started messing with the train set at about 1230...and her naptime is 1. I'm a genius, what can I say! She was ecstatic over the hills we made. She kept squealing, "Up, down!" and she played with the set until I finally made her take her nap at 1:30. I told her when she had 10 minutes and 5 minutes left, and then at 1:30, I said it was naptime and she crawled right into her bed.
We had to take the train set to my mom's today after she woke up from her nap. As soon as she woke up, she wanted to play with it again. I'm so glad I got the additional track for her!
1 comments:
Awesome! Do you think they still have the sets? I was thinking of getting something kind of like that for Olivia, and keep it tucked till the end of summer. :)
I love when you find such great deals!
Post a Comment