Tonight at church they had a pancake supper for Shrove Tuesday/Mardi Gras. I had forgotten about it until my mom called. Let me back up. First, today, we had a wonderful playdate with a friend of mine who brought her daughter over to play with us. Little C was so much fun, although Karina did not particularly enjoy sharing her toys at first. But my friend's sister came, too (she's visiting from France) and Karina loved being the center of attention a lot of the time. At one point, C brought a sippy cup to Karina and held it for her to drink from. She kept doing this because she was not allowed to drink out of them herself!
Okay, on to the evening. My mom called and wanted to know if we were going, so we decided to go. Karina likes pancakes, and it meant I didn't have to cook. Always a plus! We got down to church and the first thing I noticed when we parked out back was that the alarm was going off. I figured they burned some pancakes (that is what happened). So after a minute or two, it stopped, so Karina and I went in. Our pastor pulled up as we were going in, so I wasn't too worried. When we park out back, we have to walk down a long hall through part of the school portion of the building. As we were walking down this long hall, the alarm went off again, right in our ears! Karina started screaming and crying, and I couldn't pick her up to run out because my hands were so full. So I kind of pulled her along the hall to get out the front door quickly to get away from the noise. Poor baby was just crying and crying. She finally calmed down and we went back in. The alarm thankfully did not go off again (but the fire department did show up). We went downstairs to the social hall and picked a table. As we sat there waiting for my mom, they were putting up a few decorations. They had hung some beads on the wall clock, which caused it to fall off the wall, crash! Poor Karina. She didn't like that, either. Finally pancakes were served, we ate, and Karina wanted to get down. She walked up and down the social hall, laughing and watching me to see how far she was allowed to go. Then they started some entertainment. Our organist had four people there to sing some broadway tunes for us. They were really good, and Karina was enjoying it. She was standing by my side while I sat at the table with my mom. We were at the very front so we had a good view. Then we noticed that Karina's friend E and another girl I didn't know were dancing just behind us. I showed Karina and asked if she wanted to go dance with them, and she did! She went right over and E danced with her and hugged her. Karina danced and danced...the girls totally stole the show! Finally, there was a pinata for the kids, and Karina got to try whacking it! She hit it three times! Then she picked up some of the candy that fell out even though she can't eat any of it. She kept trying to put it in her mouth with the wrappers on!
It was a really fun night, and I am so glad we went. Oh, and to top it off, we had a great view of the space station and space shuttle passing right overhead!
1 comments:
It does sound like you had a fun time, except for the loud noises!
Post a Comment